Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Coachella 2010 in pictures



I was lucky enough to attend the Coachella music festival in Indio, CA this year for the first time ever-- yes, I know, as a born-and-raised Angeleno, I'm a late bloomer. Though having been on the east coast for the past 4 years has put a bit of a damper on the springtime music festival front. Needless to say, it somehow worked out this year, and while I had an incredible time there; rather than give you a summary of the three glorious (actually, make that one stressful and ridiculous, two glorious...) days I spent in the desert listening to amazing music with even more amazing friends and no cell service, I thought I'd share a few of the photos I took, mainly of the sensational art objects and decorations at the festival(the ones I took of the bands are mostly blurry and unrecognizable). If you're really interested in a (rather harsh, in my opinion!) critique of each band, read this Pitchfork article:

Pavement's epic reunion was one of the most talked-about acts at Coachella, and they arguably had some of the best visual effects... I loved the string lighting, reminded me of the album artwork on Terror Twilight

the giant paper crane, which changed colors at night.. on Sunday it was rainbow!

the crowd in the Sahara tent on Saturday night, I believe during David Guetta's set

a seemingly never-ending trail of balloons in the sky...

..and the balloons at night (you can't see it here, or maybe they hadn't turned on yet, but each one had a tiny blue LED light attached to it, creating a glowing effect)

the Ferris wheel that made me miss Deerhunter... according to Pitchfork they weren't all that good, so I guess it doesn't matter

Coachella from above. Notice how many people there are in the audience at De La Soul!!

Indian headdresses were a popular fashion statement this year (I credit this in part to MGMT)... a few at Hot Chip

view from below the paper crane

sunset during Spoon on the last day

art being made


a broken mirror sculpture

FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment